I know this episode has been on line for a couple of weeks but why would I watch a streamed show on my little monitor when I can watch it in all its glory on my 50″ beautiful TV. I’m a die hard Veronica Mars fan. If it’s not my favourite show on TV, it’s a close second. What I’m trying to say is that I’ve been waiting to see this new episode since last season’s fantastic season ender and it definitely didn’t disappoint. There is no other show that is able to cram so much into a single episode.
So much to like:
- The opening scene was classic Veronica. Loved how she wowed her criminology teacher while making a new enemy in the TA – solving the crime in record time without moving from her seat. I smiled the entire time.
- Hardy Boys and Battlestar Galactica references.
- I like Wallace’s new roommate. It drove me crazy for the first 5 minutes trying to figure out where I knew him from and then it hit me – Life as We Know It. I liked him there too.
- The mystery of the week was fun and it was good to see Veronica put her talents to work in a new context.
- Logan and Veronica – actually together and happy. I doubt it will last long but it still warmed my heart.
- Yeah!!!! Mac’s a regular.
- Yeah!!!! Dick’s still a regular. Loved his meltdown as much as I hated his Beav related comment to Mac.
- The Keith story was also great. One of the great things about VM is how it rewards the fans by carrying on storylines from the previous season. I miss you already Cordelia.
- Finally, the mystery of the campus rapist. I wasn’t surprised that Mac’s roommate was going to be the next victim but it didn’t make it any less disturbing.
Looking forward to next week already.
Avi’s episode rating: A