How great is it to finally sit down and watch a new episode of my favourite show. I’ll tell you how great by doing what I always do when I review The Office, share what I learned. So without further ado….
Here’s what I learned from this week’s The Office:
- If I buy milk for my wife, I might get credit for making breakfast.
- Don’t click on Internet offers for celebrity sex tapes.
- Beware office detectives who like to ask “Are you kidding me” or repeat what you say in the form of a question.
- The duties of the Chairman of the Party Planning Committee are extensive and far reaching so don’t volunteer if you aren’t prepared to make sacrifices.
- Cat medication can be very complex. Dwight must really love Angela. (They are really good together.)
- It is possible in certain situations to misinterpret the phrase “Sue me” by taking it literally.
- Sometimes it’s good to show nurses your thanks with applause.
- Next time I put meat into the freezer I’m going to tell my son that it’s gone to a better place, just like Sprinkles.
- Cats don’t provide milk or wool or meat.
- Cult leaders have less fun but make more money.
- You too can Support the Rabid with a bracelet or a quilt, or even a dime.
- Exercise is good for depression or grief.
- A giant check costs $200 but it’s worth it.
- There’s no rabies doctor but you can hire a nurse by the hour who also does parties and accepts tips.
- I wonder if the bank I work at would cash a check made out to SCIENCE.
- Rabies is the silent killer of 4 or 5 people a year in the US. Proportionallythat’s like 1/2 a Canadian.
- There are strict rules for making it into Cat Heaven.
- Isn’t it Braveheart who first said: you might puke your guts out but you will never puke your heart out.
I definitely gasped when Michael hit Meredith. But as he said, thank god he was there….. in the car that hit her. It’s a good thing it “was only Meredith” and that it was merely negligence rather than on purpose.
I have to say Pam sure did look cute tonight and loved the authoritative new Pam, although I admit I will miss Karen. She was a good character and a great match for Jim last season. But let’s face it, she just wasn’t Pam. As an aside, it’s funny they never used the Pamela Anderson line before given how long she was with Roy. I think this episode was also the first time we actually saw footage shot by the camera crew.
What makes this show classic is how it uses supporting characters and this week’s episode had all sorts of characters from years past – the IT guy, the property manager, the warehouse guys, even the stripper from Michael’s birthday.
It definitely wasn’t my favourite episode of the show. I wasn’t laughing out loud as hard as I usually do but still a good season opening. I’m looking forward to seeing more Ryan.
Avi’s Episode Rating: B+